Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Colleen Curran Reads in DC

So this blog has been real, real quiet lately. All I can say at the moment is that a bunch of heavy stuff has been happening that has almost totally eclipsed my time.

But I have to come out of hiding for this announcement:

Colleen Curran will be reading from her debut novel "Whores On The Hill" tonight, June 8, at 7:30 p.m. The address is 3040 M Street, NW.

You may be asking "but who is Colleen Curran?"

Good question. To me, she is a former editor, back when I freelanced for Richmond.com. My first freelance photography job was her first freelance/intern writing job. Neither of us knew what we were doing and couldn't admit it to each other for an hour or two. On the way home from the story, we finally made each other laugh a bit and admitted we were in over our heads.

Afterwards, Colleen came into my crumbling ghetto house and listened to one of my rambling diatribes about how to write for the web...something that I recognize as totally made up when I look at it in hindsight.

To the rest of the world, she is the author of "Whores On The Hill," a book that I have not read but tha Boston Globe calls

"an honest, poignant, beautifully written story about teenage sex, from a young woman's point of view...The book is raw and explicit, but it has a kind of sweetness, too, as the girls, innocent in so many ways, struggle toward adulthood."


I'll be in attendance...hope you DC readers are, too.

1 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And oh, what a crumbling ghetto house it was.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home